Friday, September 30, 2011

Urgent- new home or foster home needed

Good news! Sadie has found a foster home!



Will you give me a second chance?

Sadie is a 9 year old, spayed female Miniature Pinscher looking for someone to give her a second chance at life. Sadie is a loving, loyal little girl who has been my constant companion for the last nine years. Sadly due to unforseen circumstances (losing my job and losing my housing), I am being forced to find her a new forever home. Sadie is a larger-type Min Pin, she weighs 20 lbs and stands 13 inches at the shoulder. She loves sleeping in bed, under the covers, or laying at your feet. She has lived with cats and did quite well, and is living with another dog at the moment. However, typical for her breed, she can be a bit bossy with other dogs and therefore would do best as the only dog in a home, or with another submissive dog. I feel that Sadie would do best in a home with older children or no children as she does not appreciate small inquisitive fingers poking and prodding her.

Sadie is in excellent physical health, and does not act her age! She is up to date on her distemper, bordatella (kennel cough) and rabies vaccines until fall 2012. She had a physical exam and wellness bloodwork (including negative heart-worm test) completed in June and all test results were normal. I have all her medical records, as well as, a 6 month supply of Science Diet dry dog food and 12 months supply of both Frontline topical flea & tick medication and Heartgard chewable heartworm preventative for her. She has completed beginner level agility and was awarded her Canine Good Citizen Title in 2004.

I never thought that I would be forced to give up my best friend, but life is not always kind, as I have sadly realized. I love Sadie with all my heart and want to find someone who will love and cherish her as much as I do. Can you give Sadie a second chance at life?

1 comment:

Michelle Manley Caez said...

oh, my heart is breaking for you!!! I am a Melrose resident & active in rescue...I will network & see what I can do...maybe we can find a longterm foster so when you get back on your feet, you can be reunited with your best friend...I went thru the SAME thing years ago & amazingly found someone to watch my Aussie for MONTHS! Eventually, I did rehome him-but with my best friend! It was a wonderful solution!..I pray your story has a happy ending too!